Friday, September 9, 2011

I'm Baaaaack!

*crickets*

Yep, it's quiet out there. That's okay. I understand. I've been gone awhile. But as I've already stated, I'm back.

What a crazy last six weeks it's been. Occasionally my work life overruns--well--everything. The entire month of July was spent transcribing a 1,000 page appeal due 8-4. I worked all day in court, all evening on transcript and lived on four hours of sleep a night. That was a seriously long month. I met the deadline and survived.

August had better appeal. I spent two weeks on vacation with my family. Let me just say, the 17-hour (one way) drive was long but worth it. We got away from everything and everybody...and I discovered hubs planned it that way.

We stayed with one of my sisters in law for most of our trip. She has a beautiful home on the river outside a very busy, large city. Amazing view...and no internet. Yep you read that correctly. That meant no writing work for me either. The first two days I spent in withdrawals. I had email to check. Social networking sites to update. Blogs to read. I was missing sooo much.

And then I relaxed. The world wouldn't end if I stepped away from technology. Everything would be waiting for me when I got home. So I spent my days hanging with my family. We went to the beach and played in the waves after hunting for shells. We took a tour of Hearst Castle. (OMG that place and the art and history it contains is incredible...and it boggles my mind every time I think about somebody LIVING in it as a home!)

Then miracle of miracles happened. My sleep pattern improved. No stress equals 7-8 hours of straight sleep a night. I was amazed at how great I felt. The physical and creative energy came rushing back. Since I couldn't write, I plotted...and plotted...and plotted.

And when I got home, anxious to share everything, Blogger became my nemesis. I know you get me. We've all been there. I couldn't access my blog. I tried everything I could think of for three weeks. Finally, after throwing questions out on every email loop and social networking site I belonged to I got some helpful suggestions, and one finally worked.

So here I am, pledging my weekly post to you again. If I can keep to the schedule, maybe, just maybe somebody will be amused by my crazy stories and I'll make some new friends. Hey, if I can bond with someone over chocolate, anything's possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment