Monday, October 4, 2010

Author Gazing

This last Saturday I was part of a book fair for authors signing at the Emerald City Writers Conference in Seattle, Washington.
Since this would be my first major book signing, I wasn't sure what to expect.

I got there early. Those of you that know me, quit laughing! Though I left home later than I meant to, I made up the time...er, driving.

Anyway, I'd been told by author Richelle Mead some time back to always have a box of my own books on hand, just in case of an order snafew at such events. Glad I listened to that advice. The bookstore hosting the book fair had not ordered any of my books.

Problem averted. I had a box with me.

So I set up my books, pictures, and promo items. Then the other authors started to arrive. Now don't get me wrong, I had gotten the list of author attendees ahead of time, but seeing them on paper is NOTHING like meeting them in person.

Sorena Robard sat next to me...and she is the kindest, funniest person. I had so much fun talking to her. She gave me a couple of pointers I'll remember for the future, and I learned other valuable networking tips from just listening to her interact with others.

Alyssa Day sat directly across from me...unbelievable, right? I can top that. Yasmine Galenorn was at the next table on my right. How freaking cool is that? Oh, and behind me, Elizabeth Boyle. Her laugh is so infectious, everyone else couldn't help but join in.

Brenda Novak, Cherry Adair...the list is incredible. I'll post it below just so you get the idea.

As for me, well, I had a great time. I met fantabulous authors, made some very cool connections, and learned some valuable writing advice. All in all, the weekend was a success!

Cherry Adair
Allie Adams
Ann Aguirre
Elizabeth Amber
Viv Arend
DaniJo Avia
Mimi Barbour
Hanna Rhys Barnes
Lynette Baughman
Jenna Bayley-Burke
Teresa Bodwell
Marie-Claude Bourque
Elizabeth Boyle
MG Braden
Asa Marie Bradley
Meljean Brook
Susan Colleen Browne
Mary Buckham
Marcella Burnard
Katherine Chloe Cahoon
Tera Childs
Rebecca Clark
Jennifer Conner
Cait Connelly
Eileen Cook
Megan Crane/Caitlin Crews
Lauren Dane
Lacy Danes
Jami Davenport
Heather Davis
Alyssa Day
Bonnie Edwards
Kimberly Fisk
Eilis Flynn
Amanda Forester
Susanna Fraser
Yasmine Galenorn
Jan Hambright
Jackie Ivie
Paty Jager
Christy Karras
Kris Kennedy
Anthea Lawson
Linda Hope Lee
Rose Lerner
Jeannie Lin
Katie MacAlister
Margaret Mallory
Josie Malone
Delilah Marvelle
Crista McHugh
Alexis Morgan
Elisabeth Naughton
Laura Navarre
Dawn Nelson
Brenda Novak
Terry Odell
Liza Palmer
Renee Rearden
Serena Robar
Sheila Roberts
Gina Robinson
Jacquie Rogers
Gerri Russell
Laurie Ryan
Deborah Schneider
Amber Scott
Jessa Slade
Shelli Stevens
Marie Tuhart
Myne Whitman
Gayle Ann Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment