Monday, October 11, 2010

No Good Deed

No good deed goes unpunished.

Truer words were never spoken.

So, a month ago this little kitten ran under my car at the library. My two teenage daughters were with me, so as you guessed, the kitten came home with us. "Mom, we'll find her a home. One of our friends will take her." After dozens of phone calls and texts...you see this coming, right?...no takers. We now have a new kitten.

I take her to the vet. She's got a respiratory infection, eye infection, and ear mites. But she's so sweet. So we give her the medicine twice a day. Brush her since we can't bathe her. A few weeks go by. She's feeling much better. In fact, I'm beginning to think she's got ADHD. My husband keeps reminding me this is normal. Roo is just a kitten. We named her Roo because she has long legs and jumps like a kangaroo. It's the funniest thing to watch.

Anyway, a couple of days ago I realized I had bites on my legs and feet...right where Roo likes to snuggle. Oh yeah, it's fleas. Unbelievable. Not really, but still. So we're doing the flea dip, collar, check her for fleas twice a day thing. My husband hasn't been bitten once. Just me. Gotta love it. I save the little thing, and get turned into a blood buffet for my efforts.

I know I'll look back on this and laugh, but right now I itch too much to see the humor.

Anyone got any calamine lotion?

No comments:

Post a Comment